Monday, August 7, 2017

I'm Back! Sort of...

Hello!

As some of you know, I've had my right hip replaced! I am now in the recovery/PT phase and am doing well. It hasn't been easy sitting at my computer, so today is the first time I have spent quite some time on it. I'd like to say thanks for all the kindness from fellow crafters who contacted me. Much appreciated. I have over 200 emails to read...yup, they are mostly from crafters I follow and you all are prolific bloggers. :-) I will get to you, promise.

Today/tonight I wanted to post my July CCC card. The colors were pale peach, pale yellow and bubble, none of what I have except the yellow. Anyone remember Barely Banana? One of the themes suggested was mythical creatures and of course friendship is always good. Anyway,  here's my card!

Isn't it funny? Mythical? Well, I think so. Like others, I just had to have the Stampin' Up! set called Hey, Chick. This particular chick makes me laugh. I've used it more than the others, so far. The two friends are mounted on pink cardstock and dry embossed with an old Sizzix folder, I think called Plaid. Two sizes of Spellbinders Wonky Squares made my frame. The sentiment is a goodie from Jillibean Soup called Handmade Sentiments. A single heart dot from SU covers the period at the end of the sentiment. Just my opinion, I don't think this is a sentence, so no period is needed. The card was fun to make and was well received.


Back when, I promised that I would post the card I had made for my youngest granddaughter Maddie on her birthday. Here it is. She really liked it. As soon as I can, we have planned a shopping trip for her present. Maddie loves color and is very artistic. She mostly paints but loves multi-media crafting too. She makes colorful cardboard mazes for her pet mice to run in. 

A simple but pretty card. Here I again used the Lawn Fawn plaid paper which I adore, making a frame for the die cut flowers that is new to me from Taylored Expressions. It's called Silhouette Stems1and popped up with dimensionals..The plain background is SU Bermuda Bay cut with a snippet from a previous project. I have misplaced the die, so cannot tell you who made it. All is mounted on a top folding card using the new SU Whisper White Thick Cardstock, which I really like for bases. Inside I die cut happy birthday from more plaid paper and wrote an I.O.U. note for the shopping trip. Sorry, I did not take a picture of the inside. Oops!


Well, fatigue has gotten to me, so I will say goodnight. Take care of one another!


3 comments:

  1. Good to see you up and about and posting, Jeanne! I'm so glad the surgery is behind you and all is going well! Your two cards are just great! I especially love that plaid frame paired with the white poppies against the Bermuda Bay paper! The stitching is a terrific added detail. Take it easy now and smooth continued healing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back, Jeanne ... hope the PT continues to go well and that you'll be back to full mobility soon! Sweet card for your granddaughter ... those crisp white flowers are delicious against the plaid frame! Love those fun chicks dancing in their spotlights ... so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards here Jeanne, hope the healing goes well for you now ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete