Saturday, July 22, 2017

CAS Dragonflies Sympathy Card

Hello!

A last minute entry to the CAS Mixup July Challenge. 

After many, many tries I finally got a card made with crinkled tissue paper in colors that I liked! Here I used Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac and Peacock Feathers. The tissue paper I have is really thin, so this is done with two layers after watching Loll's Video technique a dozen times. It was fun trying out several types, but am running out of July days to enter the challenge!

The card base is a NBUS to me, Stampin'Up's Thick Card Stock in Whisper White. It makes a nice card base, I think. I forgot to use sticky back paper when I die cut the dragon flies, so glued them down with Glossy accents. The tissue paper is just folded over and glued over a snippet of white card stock. For the sentiment, which is an old one from a company called Rubber Stamped, I again used the Shaded Lilac ink. The card will be added to my stash in case I need to send a sympathy card. My choice is the die cut which is also from SU called Detailed Dragonfly.

I've been missing in action, getting ready for some hip surgery. I'll be fine and as soon as I can sit comfortably at my craft desk and computer, I'll be back. Thanks for visiting.

10 comments:

  1. Your tissue paper is so pretty, Jeanne! I love these colors together and the sweet dragonfly die! Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is swift. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a lovely, texture-y background, Jeanne ... gorgeous colours and perfect behind those delicate dragonflies! Wishing you well with the surgery ... and a rapid recovery! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you played along with us at CAS Mix Up this month Jeanne!! LOVE the colours of your beautiful watercoloured tissue paper. Perfect with the gorgeous dragonfly die-cut in white.

    Take care Jeanne. Sending positive thoughts for your surgery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you ended up with for your tissue paper bg, Jeanne! The dragonflies look gorgeous against it! Good luck with your hip surgery and recovery. I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers! Keep me updated when you can. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful textured and colored tissue paper background, Jeanne for your die cut dragonflies. I love SU Thick Whisper White for a nice heavy (100#)card base. Your CAS design is wonderful. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. so pleased you were able to share your beautiful card before you had your surgery. Thinking positive thoughts for a speedy recovery. Take care...Hugs..

      Delete
  6. What a delicate and ever so pretty card. Love the white die cut against that gorgeous background. So glad you persevered with the technique and good luck with the impending operation x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your white dragonflies look beautiful flying over your pretty blue crinkled tissue Jeanne! thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and perfect for sympathy Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card!! i've tried working with tissue paper and just made a huge hot mess. LOL hope your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete