Friday, June 9, 2017

What Happend to May? And some Snippets!

What happened to May? The month escaped me and I didn't post anything. Thank you to the visitors who left messages for me anyway. I really appreciate it. :-)

Am posting a couple of card made in May (really, I did make some). First, though, here is a picture of my oldest granddaughter Megan and my foster dog Digger. Thought you might enjoy seeing them. Megan just finished her sophomore year in high school and Digger will be 19 on July 1st! 

Now to my cards! Lots of snippets were used in these cards, so am hoping it isn't too late for Pixie's Crafty Playground this time. These pictures were taken so long ago and mailed or delivered that I hope I remembered how I made them .LOL  More senior moments, I guess. This one is a get well card made for a friend. The pretty plaid paper is from Lawn Fawn with the center cut out with one of the Lil' Inkers stitched rectangle dies. I used a retired punch from Stampin' Up! for the 3 butterflies that are accented with a polka dotted embossing folder. The hard to see pink butterfly makes the rectangle look funny in this photo, and in retrospect, it should have been cut in pale turquoise color instead. Much better in real life. The white card base is A2 size and is top folded. A piece of SU's Pretty in Pink paper (Oh, why did they retire that color?) was used for the bottom layer cut with a scalloped rectangle die from a Mama Elephant set called All Prettied Up.  If you haven't seen that set, check it out as it has the neatest little box die. I placed the sentiment inside using a snippet of plaid decorated with more snippets of paper for the butterfly. A left over part of the pink paper from the front made the border frame. I like the curved message which is from Hero Arts Stamp & Cuts set of stamps with the coordinating dies called Ribbon Notes.

This next card also made in May again uses some of my hoarded designer paper that rarely sees the light. It is made by Photo Play Paper Co. and called Flip Flops (which are on the other side and are adorable.) 
I love the aqua/turquoise and white with the squiggly lines that make me think of the ocean. I think I'll use it for an ocean scene next time.This card is a birthday card made for a dear friend. A white card base was again used with the top embossed with an unknown crisis-cross diamond shaped lines.The flower was cut from coordinating dies by Memory Box called Pavilia Bloom and Pavilia Bloom Outline. The outline flower shape was cut with a snippet of white cardstock as was the sentiment square. The It's your day! stamp is by SU stamped in Encore! silver metallic ink. To balance the card and cover up the placement of the embossing folder, I used a strip of same dsp. Inside it says happy birthday heat stamped in the same silver ink. The card was well received by my friend! This is the card I entered in Pixie's Snippet Playground. Pixie's Snippet Playground Wk 283.

That's it for May. Next up a couple of cards made in June including one for my youngest granddaughter. Thanks so much for visiting. See you soon, I hope.

4 comments:

  1. Great card Jeanne and it's lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground again! Your cards always look so fresh and clean.

    Great photo of your grand daughter and Digger too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, your card linked up fine and in time. Usually it will show up if you hit the refresh button on your top bar - just in case you're left feeling unsure.

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are all very pretty, and I especially like the criss-cross embossing on the blue floral card! Great photo of your DGD and Digger too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, all of them, Jeanne, and well done using your snippets for the Playground!! I've missed you posting and I'm glad to see you've been creating anyway! Thank you for sharing the beautiful photo of Megan and super cute Digger! Goodness, hard to believe he is 19!! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete