Sunday, June 18, 2017

Thinking of You...with Feathers

Hello!  Made these two cards a while back but have recently sent the card on the left to my wonderful friend  Darnell, to wish her the best on the up-coming surgery. Thoughts and prayers and hugs go out to her.

These two cards were made with the Elizabeth Crafts Designs Peacock Feather die following the instructions from Els on her Technique Friday March 17, 2017 blog.  Love how they turned out. The white background card uses the inlaid card technique. The feather were cut from a piece of watercolor c.s. that I had smooched with Distress Inks. Sorry, I don't remember exactly which colors I used, but probably Shabby Shutters and Faded Jeans or Peacock Feathers which are three of my all-time favorite ones. I matted the feathers with a simple border of coordinating card stock.

The card on the right did not photograph as well. It is made with the same die plus Elizabeth Craft Design Silk Microfine Glitter in Blue Green. Using ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive paper makes the glitter stick so well especially since it is burnished into the stickiness. Oh, I wish you could see the wonderful shiny glitter. This stuff restored my faith in using glitter! The feather on the right is just the cut out from pretty Bazzill slightly textured background paper and adhered next to the glittered one just as Els suggested. Truly CASED cards. Fun to make; hope you like them and will try the glitter technique.Thanks for visiting!

Edited to show feather with glitter better. Isn't it pretty?


3 comments:

  1. Oh! I must have ESPN, Jeanne! I haven't seen you in a while so I came by to check in and now I feel like I've peeked! I can't wait to get this card in real life! They are both sensational! No worries that I've ruined the surprise cuz I will prolly forget after I've had the anesthesia so it will be lovely to get your happy mail! Thank you so much in advance!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful CAS cards. I especially love the one on the left, which is winging its way to Darnell, gorgeous colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both versions of the feathers are very pretty, but that glitter takes them over the top! NJ!

    ReplyDelete