Thursday, April 27, 2017

Yay for All Seasons and My Oldest Grand Daughter




The latest challenge at CASology has as the cue card, SEASON. That made me think of a really old cling stamp tucked away in my stash and never used, so I thought to play along. Checking on-line to see what the name was and who made it, I found a wonderful card by Susan Raihala at Simplicity from 2011. My card is a CASE of hers.

I know it is difficult to even see the trees, which are pink for summer, lilac for spring, orange for fall and gray for winter. The stamps are from Hero Arts,  called Trees of the Season. (My kingdom for a good camera! Or someone else to photo my cards). teehee
To make the card, I first stamped some Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock with VersaMark and heated it usomg clear embossing powder. The tree images were then sponged with Tim Holtz Distress inks Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac and Black Soot then carefully wiped with a soft cloth. Not having any Distress orange, I sponged the orange tree with SU Pumpkin Pie. The sentiment is from the Spring Hills set by PaperTrey Ink. All the pieces were cut out and mounted on black fun foam for some dimension. I wonder if there is enough white space for a CAS card, hope so. Other than the photo, I am pleased with this card and can imagine it being sent to someone tired of winter and ready for the next season.


 My second card today was made for my first grand daughter who turns sixteen today. Megan is so pretty, quite the athlete for the JV Lacrosse team and she takes her driver's test tomorrow. Am really proud of her. The card front was designed by Kelly Emerson, a good friend and demo, but made by me with a few tweaks of my own. The supplies are all SU to which I added some Wink of Stella on the wings and bling on the dragonfly's body. This is the first time using the set and die, Dragon Fly Dreams and Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. A piece of vellum is like a shadow behind. Colors used are Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Tempting Turquoise and Chocolate Chip. Inside I used PaperTrey Ink numerals and letters and Spellbinders Phrases Set One Happy Birthday die along with some gold bling. Megan liked the card!
Edited April 28th: She passed her driving test and got her license!









8 comments:

  1. Love the card for your granddaughter, but I'm really admiring the first card as I have that set! Not sure I've ever used it, but you've made me want to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Jeanne. I love the card showing the four different seasons, great sentiment too. Super dragonfly on Megan's card, I'm not surprised that she was delighted to receive her special card. Congratulations to her for passing her driving test.

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I'm now your latest follower. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you portrayed the changes of the seasons! Very creative!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of cards! I love the 4 season one....so pretty. Sure am glad spring weather is on it's way:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these cards. Your seasons card is especially clever--how you included all 4 seasons. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanne, congrats to your granddaughter on getting her license! Both your cards are wonderful! I just ordered the dragonfly set and can't wait to receive it. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you did the seasons with the trees in the first card Jeanne and the second one is so pretty too your granddaughter will love it I am sure. One of our grandaughter's is just 2 in a couple of weeks ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful, especially loving that giant dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete