Monday, April 10, 2017

Boo-Boo with Brusho


Hello!


April came in for me with a bad case of the flu. Am now getting better enough to try to make a card for Darnell's Annual April Fool's Boo-Boo Hop and NBUS Challenge #11. My boo-boo card and NBUS challenge was an attempt  to get my new  Brusho Black to show it is made up of pretty colors like I have seen in YouTube videos. Sorry, I cannot remember who demonstrated this technique. Anyone know so I can give credit?

No matter what paper I used, I had trouble with blotches, the paper pilling and tearing and just ugliness. Most results went into the circular file! But I pulled out a piece to have something to show here!


Can you see the rip? And no matter how I tried, I couldn't get the paper to flatten out. I tried another forgotten technique to use both the negative and positive die cuts on a single card. The flower punch is called Blossom from Stampin' Up! and the stem and leaves are a die by Penny Black called Coy. I used retired Midnight Muse blue to try to bring out the blue in the flower and the cardbase is SU Very Vanilla. Am not sure why it look gray in the one photo. The greeting is a fun 2007 stamp also by SU.

Truly, I am not sure if this card will ever make it out of my house, but at least I prove one can try to make something out of nothing! Thanks for coming by!


Coming April 1-11, 2017




3 comments:

  1. You remind me that I have never tried my Brusho black, Jeanne. Now I wonder what kind of luck I'll have. I've never seen any videos using it. I do really like your use of the +/- die or "inside/outside" technique! I think that makes it an interactive card which is always fun! Thank you for being a good sport and sharing in the Boo Boo Hop /NBUS Challenge #11! And thank you for getting up off your flu bed to do it! I hope you have only great health now as we go into summer and I wish you and your family a Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the boo-boo, but the card is pretty anyway! I've never owned any brushos, so I'm out of the loop! LOL Hope your recovery from the flu is speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling much better by now, Jeanne ... and that the flu is well and truly behind you. Your card is so pretty ... I'm struggling to see a boo boo at all! We had a play with Darnell's brusho's at the Lake House ... fun and so messy ... no black for me, just blues and greens! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete