Monday, April 24, 2017

April CCC

Hello Friends!

I finally finished and mailed my card for the April Card Chain Challenge. Am guessing it has been received; sure hope so as I was quite pleased with it so wanted to post it here.

The colors suggested this month were red, sky blue and navy. After checking my stash, I found no navy, so made a quick trip to Michaels. Didn't have a coupon and they didn't have a true navy available, so I got the best option. As it turned out, you cannot see much of the navy anyway!

Here's my card:

I went the easy route making a simple but elegant, (I think) card with one of my favorite cover plates by Papertrey Ink. It's called Peony. I was glad I had a Sizzix precision base plate for this delicate die, as it needed to be run through the Big Shot several times anyway. Forgetting to use sticky paper behind it, I used small dabs of liquid glue all around to glue it down. The Real Red and Bashful Blue cardstock are from Stampin' Up! I'll never understand how they could have retired this blue. It is true pale blue and I liked it better than sky blue with the navy. The card base in tent style is from Bazzill.

I was thinking of the friend option for this challenge, so just used a snippet of the red to say hello. The stamp is from a Stampendous! set called Happy Messages and is stamped in Memento Paris Dark. I stamped my friend on a blue rectqangle inside with a note to my recipient in Colorado. It is so nice making new friends in blogland. Join us, won't you?

Thank you for visiting today! Next up the birthday card for my oldest grand daughter who turns 16 on Thursday!



4 comments:

  1. WOW, I love that die cut peony, Jeanne! It is most elegant, indeed. I just became your latest follower. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jeanne! That Peony die is gorgeous. I don't understand why Stampin Up discontinues the colors that they do. So many pretty ones have been retired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and so striking, Jeanne ... what a beautiful peony, so lovely with the delicate sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card! I know it brought a big smile to the recipient!

    ReplyDelete