Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Promised Valentines

Hello!
February is not over, so I still can post Valentine's Day cards. Right? Here are the last two of the three I made this year. This first one today was for my 13 year old grand daughter, Maddie. She loves design and is very creative, so I thought she would like this. It is fancier (is that a word?) than I usually make but I think it turned out OK. My card is a CASE of a wonderful card by Doris at The Stamping Tower that posted on February 7th. I too used some printed vellum by Stampin' Up! over an embossed background. It is by Darice that fits the whole front of the card. The red hearts are cut with a Die-namics duo by MFT and the gold ones are punched with snippets of gold paper with SU's retired Itty Bitty Accents heart. Love is made with another snippet of gold paper with a die from a PTI set called One Liners Collection that I cut down a bit to fit.

Last up is the card made for my grandson who loves hedgehogs and has one called Sherman. The banner sentiment is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar ink from SU on Real Red paper, and says Sending Hedgehugs. It is from the Lawn Fawn stamp and matching die set. Aren't they cute? I used the same background embossing folder as on his sister''s card. The red heart I found in my UFO box. A clean, quick, and simple card to make that I think Gavin liked.
 
That's it from MN. It's been spring-like weather lately, but we hear that a snow storm is coming Friday. OK by me! I thank you for stopping by to visit. 💟

3 comments:

  1. Your grandchildren must've loved these, Jeanne ... the first rich and elegant with the bold red and gold, the second cute and fun with those sweet hedgehogs and punny sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne, your Valentine cards are both pretty and adorable. I love the gold and red on your first creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that your grandson has a pet hedgie!! Both of these cards are super, Jeanne! I'm sure they loved them!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete