Monday, February 20, 2017

OMG??


Hello!  I am finding that doing challenges has helped my mojo. Cleaning up my space has helped too, 'cuz I found a few lost misplaced things.

I have wanted to try and do a card for the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge - February, so here it is. This is one of the first mixed media cards I have ever done. Doing a CAS card is also challenging as I usually do layers. Right? It was hard to get a picture to show the shine and texture.Had to use a flash tonight as I won't be around the next few days to get this entry finished.

The Tim Holtz collection Bird Crazy for Stampers Anonymous still make me laugh. I am envisioning him thinking "Is this an egg, or what?" Thus the OMG. Notice the Ranger Glossy Accents on the eyes as they bulge out. This challenge required using some corrugated cardboard,  so I cut out an  over-sized egg with a Spellbinders oval die then set to work changing it. I used Twinkling H2O's Mediterranean blue with a water pen to get this color. I like the variation that came up. This paint and several others have been in my stash forever, but are NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff). Thanks Darnell!  The funny bird is fussy cut from some kraft paper that I found during my cleaning and popped up with  thick tape (I don't know who makes it). He's stamped using my MISTI and Versafine Onyx Black ink. My choice is the die cut letters from PaperTrey Ink on black card stock. I used Elizabeth Craft Designs double sided adhesive to stick the letters down. The card base is Stampin' Up! discontinued Confetti Cream, although it looks white in my picture. 

Hope you enjoy seeing my card. Any suggestions on what his name should be?



5 comments:

  1. Hahaha ... he's fabulous, Jeanne ... his startled expression at seeing that big bold texture-y egg is brilliant, especially with the GA'd eyes! How about Google for a name?! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bird makes me smile, Jeanne! And I love your blue corrugated egg! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun Jeanne!! LOVE the bulging eyes on your crazy bird. The corrugated egg is a pretty colour. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up Jeanne. Your bird is so cute and love your corrugated Big Egg! Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made me smile - the bird would definitely say OMG to a huge blue egg like that. Great way to use the corrugated cardboard! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete