Monday, February 27, 2017

New Dog & A Card With Snippets!

Hello on this last day of February! It has been a good month for me, and I hope it has been for you too! 

Today I am sharing a picture of my new foster dog, Digger. Funny name, but I understand a child named him.
He is a wiggler and this is the best picture so far. He is 18 years old - can you believe it? His original owners had to find him a new home as they travel for work and hated to board him anymore. I am growing fond of Digger, and will keep him as a foster hospice dog instead of adopting him out! Unfortunately he has developed an eye infection/ulcer, so we've been back and forth to the vet often the last week. With meds, he is getting better.

I just had to play with Pixie's Crafty Workshop Weeks 269 & 270.
The snippets are the white stitched rectangle piece, silver foiled paper from DCSW, and some glossy white paper to make the birthday word pop. First I  smooched Ranger Distress Inks Peacock Blue and Faded Jeans onto my mat, painted it with a water brush onto the glossy paper. Following an idea I saw recently, but am not sure where, I then used some drywall tape and sponged on some more color trying for some texture. When dry, I die cut birthday from PaperTrey Ink . The shine and texture doesn't show very well here, but IRL it does.Another snippet was used to say happy with a NBUS set from MFT called Label Maker-Sentiments and matching die. The blue ink is Midnight Blue, a Memories Dye Inkpad that matches quite well the layering piece of unknown dark blue paper. To make the cupcake, I used an Elizabeth Craft Designs die. Isn't it pretty?

I did not make a flowery card like Di's pretty one for this card, hut it sure is full of snippets all glued together! Hope OK. Thank heavens for small tipped bottles of white glue! Snippets Playground Badge

I thank you for visiting me today. See you in March!










7 comments:

  1. Hello, Jeanne! Just popping in to say "hello" after seeing your nice comment on my blog. First, I want to say I think it's the most wonderful thing that you're giving Digger a new home. I can't imagine giving up a dog after 18 years. I'd probably give up my job first. But he's gone to a good home it seems. Now... you sure did a good job putting your snippets together! I can never seem to get that many one one card, so they add up and add up, waiting their turn. Love the shimmery shine on the die cut sentiment, which goes very nicely with the silver cupcake. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne! First of all, Digger is just adorable! I'm sure he's found a fabulous home with you.

    Love your card, beautiful dies and such a great design. You don't need to have used flowers on your card hun anyhow, the only criteria is to have used one or more snippets. So apart from that it's always 'anything goes' - nice and easy :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday card, I love the colors! Best wishes with Digger too - he sure is a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious and so fun, Jeanne ... all the sparkle and shine puts me in mind of sugar coating ... yummy! Cute photo ... hope life with Digger works well! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that silver outlined cupcake and the way you did your happy birthday sediment, Jeanne! Great snippets design!! And thank you for sharing Digger with us. My goodness, 18 is very old for a dog! Bless you for giving him a loving home on the end of his earthly journey!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet picture of Digger. He certainly doesn't look 18yrs old. Lots of layers and snippets yet you have still retained a lovely CAS look to your card. Love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Digger is adorable. Lovely CAS card and love the birthday die cut and the silver cupcake x

    ReplyDelete