Wednesday, February 1, 2017

NBUS Challenge #10 Oldies But Goodies

Hello!

Here is my entrant to the NBUS Challenge #10 over at Darnell's place. I made this card while at a crop session at my favorite local craft store Crafter's Haven last Saturday evening.  I needed a sympathy card. So I pulled out an oldie but goodie single stamp from Stampin' Up! from 2012 called Blooming With Kindness-Flower that I had heat embossed on vellum and left in my UFO box. Here's my card:
Stumped, as usual, about how to adhere the vellum (from SU) to my card base, I bought yet another adhesive that promised to be invisible. Sorry, it didn't work. I do like using vellum, though. Then I remembered a hint by Jennifer McGuire about putting the adhesive behind something, so I looked around the store and found this wonderful ribbon. A NBUS, yay! The leafy ribbon is from May Arts in dark green with the veins nicely showing. It compliments the shine from the vellum that seems to have a greenish tinge. I like the white and green combo on the Soft Suede card base. I used SU glue dots to hold the ribbon to the vellum and also to the base. Worked like a charm. The vellum is left loose on the bottom of the card. To finish the card, I used something  even older from SU - embossing power called Forest Green for the sentiment. The stamp is from MY Favorite Things Grand Peaceful Wildflowers set, my second NBUS. This set is old,  but not to me. Sorry I cannot get a good picture due to the shiny vellum and embossed flower. I tried!

Thanks for stopping by and for all the comments I been getting lately. Love them!

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful, Jeanne, and I'll bet it's even lovelier in person! I'm with you on vellum, I love, love, love it!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete