Thursday, February 16, 2017

Magical for The Flower Challenge



Hours...I spent hours trying to do justice to this challenge, finally after several cards went into the circular file, I finished. Then the real challenge, getting a decent photograph! I am submitting my card to The Flower Challenge #5.

I am CASING this lovely card by the Guest Designer Therese. I have created my card using most of her colors and mimicking her white outlined flowers. First change was to make my card top folding. Used some new and old goodies from many companies!

Next up, the flowers. They are the two coordinating dies from Memory Box, Pavilia Bloom Background and Outline. The pink card stock is Stampin' Up! and the white outline and base are PaperTrey Ink. The flowers are popped up with SU dimensionals. I used an Edgelits-Adorning Accents die and the dotted line stamp from SU  Bordering on Romance to make the card opening a bit special. Had to temporarily tape the edge down to get a photo. The sentiment is a NBUS from My Favorite Things called Rainbow of Happiness. It says, "I Hope Your Birthday is MAGICAL". In real life it is quite pretty. Used VersaMark and an old ink pad from, Kaleidacolor called Baby Powder for the colors and some shine. Inside I just put happy birthday with a die by Elizabeth Craft Designs on the retired Pretty in Pink card stock. To finish up I added a few sparkly sequins from Darice. Whew! Told you I like shopping different sites, didn't I?

Next time I'll share the valentine's I made for two of my grand kids. Megan got the one I previously posted here. Oh, and I got another foster dog! Picture to come.

Thanks for stopping by. 💓   

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Jeanne! such pretty flowers and I love the curved dotted edge too. Sorry you had such trouble making it, I often get days like that too. Well worth the effort though! Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love these flowers and will have to look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful design, I can't stop looking at that fabulous sentiment, how clever to use the kaleidacolor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blooms are really lovely and stand out in the gallery at the Flower challenge. I love the pink behind them and that edging die. This is such a pretty card. Bev

    ReplyDelete