Saturday, February 4, 2017

Fancy Flourish for MUSE and RRCB55

Here I am again! Twice in one week! A record for me, right? Today I am entering two challenges with this one card. Fun ~ makes me happy!

First up is for the  Muse Challenge 201. I was inspired by Guest Muse, Valentyna who has a wonderful card. Love the colors and the pop of black which I shamelessly copied. Or should this be called a CASE? Let me know, pretty please.

Anyway, I pulled out an old stamp with vines or flourishes. From a 2007 Stampin' Up! set called Baroque Motifs, I have only the one wooden stamp probably bought at a garage sale and rarely used. After applying VersaMark to a small piece of PaperTrey Ink white cardstock, I got out two colors of green embossing powder for some heat embossing. The powder is from an old set of 14 colors I got from Stampendous! years ago. I like the mixture of greens and the shine, but it doesn't show up well in my picture. Some pale pink hearts left over from a previous card added some color. For some dimension, I popped the black piece on craft foam. Worked well as I didn't have any white. The simple thank you was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and is one of the stamps from the Vertical Greetings set by SU. Some black round and faceted bling from my stash and rounding the bottom corners completes the card. I am hoping there is enough white space to be called CAS. I kind of like this card!

Secondly, I am entering this card to the new Retro Rubber challenge. They are asking for stamps older than one year (the flourish) and want a heart motif, so I think my card fits well. It is satisfying to use older forgotten stamps, I believe!

Thank you for visiting today!

7 comments:

  1. I love the flourish stamp you used, I remember that from Stampin Up. Love how you added the hearts. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the two colours of green on that flourish (I have that stamp and will never part with it - such a classic!) and your pretty pink hearts! So glad you joined us at Muse this week Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your retro flourish is gorgeous and it's a stamp I've never seen before. Black, white and a colour is a classic combination and always looks so smart and crisp. The offset black card in behind adds a lot of lift to the card. It's a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for our heart challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty CAS card that you CASEd! Love the addition of the little hearts to complement the green flourishes! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and fabulous layout! Thank you for sharing your card with Muse club!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is lovely. Really like the placement of the elements and use of hearts. Thanks so much for doing the RR challenge! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card--love all the pretty green flourishes.

    ReplyDelete