Wednesday, January 18, 2017

NBUS Challenge #8

Hello Blogging Friends! I hope you are having a nice start to the new year and that you had a wonderful time over the recent holidays. I sure did.

A new challenge is here. Thanks to  Darnell who is celebrating her 5 years as a blogger with 3 challenges. Her "Blog Birthaversay" as she calls it. LOL

Hasn't it been a wonderful fun for all of us to get new stuff? But now we need to use it!  NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) was coined by Darnell and she is so right to urge us to use it. We do really need to give some love to what we buy. I personally am so happy to make a card to push myself to get creative again and to use neglected supplies. My mojo has been missing! Yay, it's back now!

Here's my challenge card.
  

It was a real challenge to find kraft paper in my stash ( I don't have any so used the closest I could find) and to use colored pencils. I was given a whole bunch of colors of pencils by my crop friend Therese, but never used them. She has hundreds of pencils, so gave me quite a few. Lucky me. My little scene uses several. They are from Crayola and the white one is from my Staedler Karaft set of watercolor pencils. Not wonderful choice of colors used, I guess, but trying is part of the fun. Right? The white doesn't show up very well, I know. I wanted a white dog with a few buff colored areas as this stamp reminds me of my foster dog Abby. (BTW - She will probably be going to her forever home this Saturday!)

The NBUS stamps are  from Stampin' Up! set called Stella & Friends.  The clouds are hand drawn as I tried to fill up some space without using dies for a change! teehee The papers are SU and PTI.

I am looking forward to seeing all the entries in this and the upcoming challenges. I love seeing other people's work. Bye for now and thanks for stopping by.



6 comments:

  1. Cute card Jeanne, such a sweet image. Hope puppy Abby will be very happy in her new home : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable and I think the white turned out just perfect. I love the hand-drawn clouds too, but I admire the fact that you foster dogs! Yay YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Jeanne, this is so you! Considering that you are now fostering dogs, I love that you made this darling scene and colored it so well with your selection of pencils! I'm especially impressed that you hand-drew your pretty fluffy clouds!!

    Good job being a good mama to Abby! I'm sure you will miss her terribly and I hope you get another one soon! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! I'm glad it inspired you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little scene, Jeanne ... and delicious dreamy clouds ... adorable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah such an adorable card and the perfect sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete