Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Heart for NBUS #9 and Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 255 & 256

Hi Again!

Couldn't resist submitting a card for Darnell's challenge called NBUS #9. I sure wanted needed to use some of my new stuff! Since Valentine's Day is upcoming, I chose pink and silver for my colors and tried to figure out how to do the hidden message technique. So, here's my take on it. Need some instructions, I think. Any suggestions? I appreciate your help! 


I took the easy way out, I'm guessing, and die cut the heart out of pink Bazzill textured paper with Heart of Hearts die from Memory Box. As I now have a million tiny pink hearts laying around, I could have made a shaker card, however that is another technique i have not mastered.

My NBUS is the Hi die (pun intended) that is part of the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Phrase Set One. Can you see it? I cut down the pink panel and glued it to a snippet of embossed white paper found in my "To Do" basket. The embossing folder is a favorite called Bouquet from We R Memory Keepers. Strips of silver cardstock accent the focal point which is just placed on a white card base. Pretty simple card. I like that. No sentiment inside yet, but the card will probably go to one of my sweet grand daughters.

After a second look at the options and rules, I need to acknowledge that my card is a total CASE of Darnell's card that she used in announcing this NBUS #9 challenge. CASEing her color, her heart and the bumpy polka dots too. Thank you so much for your inspiration. Darnell has prizes, wonderful woman that she is. So I encourage you all to enter this challenge to honor her five years of blogging! Send her a get well message too, if you can.

Since I used snippets of embossed paper and the silver strips, I am also joining Pixie's Crafty Workshop  Week 265 & 266 challenge. My first time. Fun! I've been watching for ages.

Thanks for visiting! I do  love comments and will visit you too! 

Snippets Playground Badge

9 comments:

  1. Shimmery and so pretty, Jeanne ... that heart of hearts is just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the snippets playground Jeanne! I love your pretty card and do hope you come back to play again - it's a happy place :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, love that shiny pink paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanne ... I haven't found a Fusion card, but this darling one for Darnell is just adorable! Your message is hidden perfectly, yet plain to see there is a lot of heart behind it!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card for your granddaughter. It is a sweet card for any age. I love the pink and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun that you are joining in the fun at the Playground, Jeanne! It will be nice to see you over there on the swings! Your CASE of my card using the hidden word is so romantic and pretty! I love it and I'm sure one of your granddaughters will, too! Thanks so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9! And thanks for all your kind get well wishes! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping over to say "Hi" from the Snippets Playground. Love this pretty die cut card xxx

    ReplyDelete