Sunday, December 11, 2016

Best Wishes

Hello Again!

I've been wanting to do an entry for the The The Flower Challenge #3 so here it is. The challenge asked us to take out and use an older stamp. This one is called Framed Azalea from Stampa Rosa Inc. circa 1999. I believe Stampa Rosa has closed although I found this image among some House Mouse stamps on Google.

Azaleas come in all kinds of colors, but I love the pink ones. I first heat embossed my stamp with opaque white embossing powder onto a piece of linen cardstock from Ellen Hutson. After coloring with my watercolor pencils from Staedtler, I used a water brush to soften the pencil lines and get a watercolor look. Used 2 colors of pink, 3 of green and a yellow and brown. I matted the framed flower image onto a  piece of Stampin' Up!'s Chocolate Chip cardstock to frame it. Lastly, the whole focal point is glued atop the card base. To mimic the frame, the card front was embossed with the Sizzix folder called Plaid. The sentiment is a die from a Spellbinders set called So Sweet. I cut it twice out of SU's Melon Mombo for some dimension. What do you think? I like it and it was fun to not do only holiday cards!

Thanks for stopping by.

Please take our banner ;)

3 comments:

  1. I haven't colored with watercolor pencils in "forever"! You've inspired me to dig mine out again. Your pink flower is such a happy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty, Jeanne ... the soft colours are lovely against that fabulous background texture! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, I love it, its so soft and pretty. I don't think I have seen this stamp before and you have coloured it to perfection. Its been a while since I used watercolour pencils too, beautiful inspiration. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT (I felt the same too about doing something not Christmas inspired- it was nice for a change).

    ReplyDelete