Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Christmas Card or Two



I mentioned I would add some of the holiday cards I was making, so here are two! A challenge entry is the first one. It's for Kylie's Day 10 - Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge. It sparkles, like my special friend Darnell suggested. Can you see?


I sponged on the background using a lot of water and the Hero Arts Ombre  ink pad called Dolphin. Such a set of pretty blue, purple and pink inks, I think. Using my heat gun with Heat and Stick powder by Stampin' Up! and both Elizabeth Craft Design Silk Microfine Glitter and SU's Iridescent Ice embossing powder, I tried for some sparkle and shine. Used the same for the tree and star. The tree is a die cut from the PaperTrey, Inc. set called In the Meadow. I mounted it all within a stitched frame from Lil' Inker Designs. To finish, I die cut the little star from Memory Box. See, I support many companies! LOL 
Card #2. Using the same ombre ink pad to make a winter snow scene, I CASED a card by a wonderful crafter on the Splitcoasterstampers site known as Stamping_Crazy. I do not know her real name to give her credit. I changed up her dark background and used a different sentiment. For eyes, the snowman has raised black dot embellishments by Zva Creations and a hand-cut nose in orange. The snowman body uses dies from SU! called Swirly Scribbles. The middle one had some surgery! The water color paper is just left white on the bottom for the snowy texture. The card base is SU! Not Quite Navy. A banner sentiment is done with a stamp from the same PTI set as above.



Thanks for stopping by. I sure am enjoying all the Chrismas and holiday cards I've been seeing on your blogs. I appreciate all comments left here and will visit you too. 

5 comments:

  1. You achieved some great schparkle on your beautiful card, Jeanne! (Thank you for the shoutout!) And your scribbly snowman is simply adorable! Craft on ... it's almost here!! Happy Holiday hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely soft backgrounds, Jeanne ... the shimmery tree is gorgeous ... and that scribbly snow man ... fabulous, so fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the two very different looks you got with your ombre ink pads. I have never tried them before, but the one you own is such a lovely mix of colors. I like both the skies! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS,I tried to add myself as a follower of your blog, but the internet says "forbidden" right now. I will just have to try another day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just look at the shimmer! I love looove loooooove your card!!

    ReplyDelete