Saturday, October 15, 2016

A Taped Smile With Flower

Hello!  Somehow the month of September got away from me and here we are in the middle of October. My mojo was away for part of the time, but I did get some cards ready to try and sell at a bazaar. Some did! Yay!

I have long belonged to Splitcoaststampers (SCS) but rarely post. Their newest challenge called Falliday Fest has some great ideas and techniques new to me, so I tried this one called Masquerade by Dini K using painters tape for masking.

Using 3M Blue painter's tape, I placed it in rows right onto the cutting plate of my Big Shot. I die cut the word Smile from Cas-Ual Fridays Stamps, Fri-Dies, and the flower from Penny Black, called Coy, separately and carefully peeled them off and stuck them to the Ranger water color paper. After daubing and blending color on top with Distress Ink in Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, and Peacock Feathers, I then spritzed the whole card front with water. After drying and trying to flatten out the piece, I removed the tape and like magic, my design shows! What fun! To finish I just glued it to a top folding card base. No sentiment inside, yet. I'll keep it in my stash for just the right occasion to arrive.

A big lover of flowers, I am entering this card in The Flower Challenge as well as putting it on SCS. I am loving all the flower cards posted! Check them out, if you haven't already. 



Thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure appreciate the views and comments. Smiling today!

5 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful card Jeanne, great watercolouring too! I love how the white flower stands out so perfectly too.Thanks you so much for sharing with us over at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Jeanne! I love how this turned out and want to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful watercoloring and card designing Jeanne! I know what you mean about the months getting away! eek! Take courage and press on toward Christmas! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful technique - looks ethereal! Thank you so much for entering our first ever Flower Challenge! Ruth DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fantastic technique and I love the CAS design you created with it. The colours go together perfectly and the 'Smile' image is one of my favourites. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete