Tuesday, August 23, 2016

CCC August 2016


Tonight I am posting my card for the Society of Stampaholics August challenge. It has been sent off to Michigan and I hope it has arrived.

The colors this month were lavender, smokey mint and deep teal with a suggestion to use a bird. Taking an ancient piece of cardstock I used the best colors that I had to make my focal point. In my picture, the purple-y colors don't seem to match much, but they do coordinate in real life. 

I first ran a piece of white cardstock through my Big Shot using an embossing folder (Stampin' Up!) for texture. With SU's Mint Macaron, Marina Mist and Lavender Lace  ink pads, I sponged on the 3 colors to enhance the zigzags. The bird was done using the two-step stamping system (remember?), a solid and an outline stamp. There is no name on either wooden stamp. They are really old, amongst the first stamps I bought. I fussy cut him/her out (not my favorite pastime) then gave him something to say. The hello greeting is from My Favorite Things stamped in the blue onto an oval die cut from Spellbinders in the mint color. The birdie looks like he has a bit of sparkle, but to the life of me, I cannot remember using Wink of Stella but I must have. Senior moments creeping up again! :-) It was fun stamping again as I have been doing a lot of die cutting lately. 

So that's it from Minnesota for August. Time, as usual, has gotten away! I do appreciate all who visit! 

Thank You!

1 comment:

  1. Your recipient will love it. Gorgeous blue/greens.

    ReplyDelete