Thursday, June 16, 2016

Thinking of You

Hello! I almost waited until the last moment to post my card for Retro Rubber Challenge 
Blog, Challenge 40/Kind of Sketchy.
RRCB 40

Here's my card:



Can you see this wonderfully embossed black paper? Again it is from my LSS, Crafter's Haven. Isn't is great? It is called Crocodile Black Specialty from Hot Off The Press, Inc. I've been hoarding it. My card unabashedly copies the sketch closely, but my thinking was to highlight the paper. I attached a simple strip of dry embossed white paper using the Stampin' Up! embossing folder called Modern Mosaic. The oldie flower bouquet stamp, just done on a Spellbinders circle, is one from Stampin' Up! dated 1993. I only have this single stamp that I probably bought at a craft sale, so I do not know the set name. After the fact and the gluing, I realized I could have used black embossing powder to highlight it, but I like it just stamped in Versafine Onyx Black. I am loving black and white cards these days. This one could be either feminine or masculine. I do not have a particular use in mind for this card, but my stash is low on cards for any occasion.

Well, I do hope you all have been having a nice early summer. It has rained a lot here in Minnesota, so it is beautifully green. Today it is warm and mostly sunny, my favorite kind of day.

See you in blogland. I read many blog and I like to read the comments. Love getting comments here too!  :-) Thank you for visiting!



8 comments:

  1. Oh that paper is fabulous. Wonderful combination of elements to make it shine even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I love this card, great take on the sketch and I too would be hoarding that paper...Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jeanne: I can see why you are hoarding this paper, it's awesome, it has a gorgeous texture and, in black, looks even more fabulous.
    I'm so glad you posted this card on our Retro Rubber challenge, you followed the sketch to the letter with beautiful results.
    Thank you for playing along, hope to see you back in the gallery again.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that black paper is amazing! Love your card! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an eye-catching card! Love that DSP! Don't hoard it - use it!! Your stamped image is wonderful and perfect to let the DSP take center stage. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I thought that paper was leather for a minute! Love your take on the sketch challenge. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture of this card and the black and white makes it especially striking! Thank you for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Jeanne! Long time, no see! Your take on the sketch is perfect even without the embossing! I have awesome paper in my stash like that, too, and I applaud you for using it on a card! Enjoy your MN summer sun!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete