Thursday, June 23, 2016

Paper Players #300

Wow, 300 challenges by The Paper Players gals. Congratulations! Quite an impressive feat and surely worthy of a celebration! The design team's cards are just super this time... I can tell they all put a lot of thought into things that we celebrate.

 Here's my card which will be sent out to celebrate a wedding that is coming up. I decided to go with a CAS card letting the design of the  embossing folder take center stage.
This wedding cake embossing folder is a NBUS (Never- Before-Used-Schtuff) to me that I just bought.* I picture a luscious chocolate cake and fudge filling (YUM) underneath the almost all white decorations. There is just a touch of SU Pink Pirouette marker on the top flowers. The card base is 6 x 7, larger than I usually use. It is also NBUS; a card and envelope water-media set by Ken Oliver. I like the texture of the paper even though there is no water coloring here at all. I do have his Color Burst Brights concentrated color powder set, so look for a card using them in the future.

For some sparkle, I matted the cake focal point with Stampin' Up!'s silver designer glitter paper and used it for the banner sentiment too. The congratulations is stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed using Black Opaque Finish Zing embossing powder. I did have to enhance the letters with a black marker as they got a little lost in the silver. The clear stamp and matching banner die are from Hero Arts. I just plan to write a note inside sending the happy couple best wishes. A strip of the glitter paper brings the brightness of the front to the inside. So that is it from me. Whew, the deadline is tomorrow, so I made it!

Bye for now. Thanks for visiting.
*Edited to add: The embossing folder is by Darice.

10 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS embossing folder....and I love how you colored the top flowers! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing this with us as we celebrate our 300th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've made me hungry...fabulous cake ef, and your design shows it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lve your embossed cake with just a hint of color! Glad you joined us at thePaper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we cut it now???? Your cake is scrumptious, Jeanne! I'm glad you made the deadline - it's a winner to me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic wedding card, and that embossing folder is perfect. Love how elegant and CAS your design is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty pretty embossing folder. I like how you colored in just some of the flowers on the cake. The sparkley papers add the right amount of celebration to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jeanne! You make lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dry embossing & you've used that folder perfectly! A gorgeous card that I'm sure will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete