Thursday, June 23, 2016

Friends Make the World...

Challenges Galore! With this card I am completing the June CCC submission for the Society of Stampaholics and entering the June challenge from CAS Mix Up. I have started to enter more challenges finding them fun and besides, I've received so many nice comments. Thank you kind readers and followers!


At first I made the card just for my recipient at S.O.S. It's gone in the mail, so I feel OK posting it here. Than I remembered the monthly challenge by Loll and Bonnie, so decided to enter there too. So, my friends, read on about the details and see if I met all the rules.

The June S.O.S challenge asked for the colors Plum, Mulberry and Petal, had a sketch with a flower and a sentiment below, along with some bling. I think I hit all four ideas! LOL

The month long CAS Mix Up asked us to have stamping + die-cuts + a choice while being clean and simple. My card has a lot of white space, so I am hoping it is CAS enough!  The rays background is a die, the sentiment is stamped and the flower is my choice.

My base card is linen cardstock from Ellen Hudson. I love the texture. The punched flower is made with a newer punch from Stampin' Up called Flower Medallion. To color the flower pieces, I scribbled SU markers in Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum and Pink Pirouette onto an acrylic block and spritzed it with water and just painted away. After they dried I scrunched them up a bit for texture, glued them together in the center and added my SU bling. I am afraid this sparkely embellishment called Frosted Finishes,  is no longer availableThe flower was then placed on a background panel embossed with a die from My Favorite Things called Sun Ray. I used a rubber mat so the pieces of the die would not cut all the way through. I like this background as another way to get more use of my dies. Finally, the sentiment was stamped with VersaMark on the panel. It is from a Jillibean set I won in the February drawing at S.O.S. I heat embossed it with silver Zing embossing power for some shine to match the flower center.

I am quite pleased with my card, and hope you like it too. Thanks so much for visiting.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jeanne. Love the texture from your inlaid rays for the background. And your flower is so pretty, especially with the sparkly center jewel. Your card is definitely CAS and you have the Mix Up part too with "your choice" of watercolouring and heat embossing. So thank you for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty flower, Jeanne! The rays add extra texture to the background! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Jeanne, your SOS recipient is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jeanne! The silver is divine! It looks like a flower corsage on a gorgeous gown!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete