Friday, April 29, 2016

Showing Two Clear & Sheer Class Pieces of Homework

Hello My Friends~

I know, I know, it's been a while since I've posted. Busy time of year for me. Despite that, I have been taking the newest class with Jennifer McGuire and group called Clear & Sheer. All the techniques and most of the materials, that is, vellum and acetate are new to me, so it has been a challenge.

Here's two from the homework for Lessons 1 & 2 where we learned about adhering vellum and embossing on it. My cards are similar. My first attempt was smooching with ink pads onto the vellum to make a rainbow, ala Jennifer. All the colors are from Stampin' Up!. I used both the regular sized pads and the spots. The spots were easier after I re-inked them. They're really old!

Card #1:  I colored the rainbow on both sides of the vellum so the colors are vibrant. After cutting the piece down to size, I adhered the vellum the old fashioned way to a card base with tiny silver brads. The flower embossed in white is from PaperTrey Ink's set called Stitches  & Swirls. The happy birthday is an old one from Stampendous! embossed in glitter mixed with embossing powder from my stash. I left the vellum loose, as you can see.
Card #2:Here I am completely CASING Jennifer's card by making a rainbow again. This time I used the spots and deliberately made the colors softer. I didn't put any on the back of the vellum this time to keep the softness. The whole card front is vellum adhered as suggested by placing a flap of it sandwiched between two pieces of white card stock to complete the card base. The flower is a NBUS to me from Penny Black, called Ebullient. I made a banner with a Lil' Inker Designs die and embossed a birthday greeting also from PTI. This time I used Zing silver embossing powder for some shine. It is really shiny in real life.

I am happy enough with both cards, but can see I need practice with heat embossing to get more of the little specks off. I did use an embossing pillow, but maybe it is out of powder!
What do you all think? I had fun anyway and am off to try some other techniques from the last two classes.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will visit again, and comments are a delight!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and what fabulous rainbow effects you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are lovely. I did the same thing as your second card. I made such a mess the first time with ink pads so I switched to the ink cubes and it went much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards turned out gorgeous! I haven't made on of those yet... behind in my homework. I love this technique and can't wait to try it. Think you've got it mastered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pieces of homework! This was one of my favorite techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your homework looks great. Love all the rainbows. That looks like a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rainbow backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful rainbow backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete