Saturday, March 26, 2016

March CCC at S.O.S.

Hello Friends,

Here's my post for this month's CCC card for the Society of Stampaholics.  It's in the mail to my recipient, Cat, so I  can post it here. Sure hope she likes it!


I am using the challenge sketch this time, calling for just a circle and a sentiment. Digging through my card parts, I found my experiment using US ArtQuest pigmented watercolor paint. This round palette of paints I found on sale at a local craft store and snapped it up! There are 10 colors, both duo and interference. Not sure what that means, but the label also says mica. I used the Duo Blue-Green, Interference Gold and Pearl White just playing with the colors and mixing with a water brush. Can you see the shine? So much fun and pretty, I think.

Anyway, some of the area of paint reminded me of our planet, so I cut out a circle with my Spellbinders die for the earth and the card came together quickly.  Friends are the best thing on earth, and this card challenge promotes friends around the globe, so there we go.

The sentiment is from Stampendous stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and inside I stamped ...and i think to myself What a Wonderful World from Studio Calico/Hero Arts. The papers are from PaperTrey Ink and Bazzill.

Thanks for stopping by. Today I am wishing for peace on our planet.

P.S.  Cat liked the card! Smiling big now.

5 comments:

  1. Jeanne. I do like the card,that circle is just amazing in person and the photo doesn't do the shine and subtle color variations justice at all. I am so happy to have received this card from you, and its sitting in my card display in my crafty space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I immediately thought that it looked like planet earth. How great that you were able to use your pretty panel for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "earth" is gorgeous, Jeanne, and it looks so fine sitting on that textured background. I can tell that it would be a knock-out in person!! And I'll join you in that wish! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely CAS card, and your vision of the planet reminds me of outer space photos! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful & creative! Love what you put on the inside!

    ReplyDelete