Thursday, March 24, 2016

Happy Easter and a New Challenge

Hello!

Today I thought I'd post two of the three Easter cards I made for my grandkids. Forgot to take a picture of one card. Senior moment(s), you know.

This one is for my dear youngest grand daughter who is soon turning 13 and loves jewelry. She also loves all animals, especially her cat. Maddie's favorite color is purple, so I tried to incorporate some into her card, still making it Easter and Spring-like. I hope she likes this. All of my previous cards for the family have been saved in an album kept on a bookshelf at my daughter's house. That makes me proud.

This cutie little lamb is a new stamp set from Stampin' Up! called Easter Lamb. All the paper and pearls are also from SU. The label die is an old Spellbinders one with holes on each end that perfectly hold some larger pearls. I surgically separated this sentiment from the stamp in order to get more mileage from them. Markers were used to color each part of the greeting. A bit of Pretty in Pink (a retired SU colorsponging was done to enhance the focal point lamb. I saw a similar card on the Internet where someone used pearls to cover all the spots/fuzz on the lamb. Sorry, I don't know who posted it, so if you know,  please notify me so I can give proper credit.

My second card is for my only grandson. Using my new (NBUS), box die from Mama Elephant, I tried to make him a masculine yet fun card. The two die pieces were cut out of cardboard, with fold lines to shape the box. I followed a suggestion from M E to emphasize the angles by sponging the box outline with darker brown ink. The bunny is an old Verve stamp set called Some Bunny that I fussy cut out and colored the stripes with SU's Pumpkin Pie orange ink. This picture doesn't show the ink color very well, but it was also used for the sentiment. The removable bunny is placed in the natural open part of the box. Pretty clever die making, right? I had to wait list for the box die set but I got it! Yay! I can see lots of uses for it in the future for birthdays and Christmas cards. Gavin is too old at almost 15 to want to move and play with the rabbit, but I had to make it this way anyway. Teehee. He seems to enjoy the creative process I put into his cards over the years. Happy Easter was stamped inside using the same stamp as above.


Edited : This little bunny in a box card is pretty CAS, so I am linking it to AAA Cards Game #60. This challenge is new to me and I like it! 

So that's Easter from here in Minnesota. We had snow yesterday, but a lot of it melted today. I know Spring is on it's way as the grass is turning green and some people have seen robins.

Thanks for visiting. Come back soon to see my newest S.O.S. card.

3 comments:

  1. These are both really great cards for your grands, Jeanne! I am sure they will be loved! That little box could not be any cuter!! Happy Easter, my friend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I love the ME box die...ONG, that is too cute! I am just getting around to responding to your email, thank you for visiting me (from Greta's blog) We sure had a great time meeting up and having lunch with her...what a sweetheart and delightful person she is!! I have come to have many cyber friends from this hobby and I love it!! this summer I am going to be in Indianapolis and I am planning to meet another crafty friend then too!! Awesome cards that I saw hen I perused your blog!! Have a very Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grand-kids will love the cards Jeanne. Sending Happy Easter wishes.

    ReplyDelete