Saturday, March 12, 2016

CTS #163 and CAS Mix Up

Hello! 

I am trying my hand at a couple more challenges that I spotted. The first is called CAS(E) this sketch! I love to look at challenges, don't you?

So, just last night I happened to spend quite a bit of time watching and re-watching LollThompson's video on how to do faux mother-of-pearl and looking at all her cards on Pinterest. My card is a complete CASE of her card on her technique video. Check it out on her blog, Stamping with Loll.com.

Here is my card! Can you see the shine? As you know, shiny things are difficult to photograph. This one was the best of many.

The pretty background piece was on my desk drying, when while using some Glossy Accents on another card, I accidentally spilled a diagonal stripe across by paper. Therefore, I am using the sketch at CTS, with a little different slant. I just cut down the paper a little bit.

Because I do not have all the supplies suggested, I had to improvise. Here's what I used: Champagne Mist  by Tsukineko, Tangelo Twist and Melon Mambo markers (scribbled onto an acrylic block with some water) both by Stampin' UP!, the Prim Poppy die by Memory Box and a sentiment from the Mini Clear stamps set called Thinking of You  by KaiserCraft. Additional supplies were white cardstock, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Stick It adhesive paper and my NBUS Cuttlebug embossing folder called Polka Dots. My original Swiss Dots embossing folder from many years ago cracked recently from so much use! LOL

The second challenge that I am linking the card to is the new challenge called CAS Mix Up. I think it is clean and simple enough and has some mixed media too. Because I had to mix a tiny bit of water with my markers so the colors would mix well with the above Tsukineko All Purpose Ink, I hope that will count for watercoloring.  Or not.

That's it for now. Phew, now I am tired after playing today with some more new supplies. A story for another time.


Good Night all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanne. Great job with your Faux Mother of Pearl. It is so pretty and shimmery. Wonderful texture from your polka-dot background. Thanks for the shout out ... you are so sweet!! And thanks for sharing your beautiful card at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Faux Mother of Pearl card, Jeanne! I like the diagonal spill of Glossy Accents! That was a happy accident! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! You can see the shine in the photo!

    ReplyDelete