Saturday, February 27, 2016

February CCC

Hello Friends!

Today I am posting the card I made for this month's card challenge at the Society of Stampaholics. Come play with us, dear blog readers. It is so fun getting cards from all over the world.The monthly CCC (Card Chain Challenge) always has a color palette suggestion, theme ideas, a sketch and a list of products for inspiration. My card uses the colors, the theme of friendship and a cord. The photograph looks like I used white, but IRL it is Stampin' Up!'s Very Vanilla, their off-white-looking embossing powder and enamel dots that are definitely not white. These enamel dots are part of a Christmas bling set, however, they do have some ones in the catalog that are really white. Whoa, guess all the things I used are from SU, and no, I am not a demo!

To make the card I just embossed with the powder using a daisy-like stamp from the Forever Florals (SU) set onto a piece of Strawberry Slush cardstock. Using some Very Vanilla paper for a border, I mounted the front piece on a base card of retired Bordering Blue cardstock. The sentiment is embossed onto a scrap of paper and punched out. A pretty simple card; the kind I like the best to make! Besides, it used up a bit of the many hues of blue cardstock that I have been hoarding, er stock piling!

Today in Minnesota, it is spring-like with temps in the 50's. It won't last tho, with cooler weather coming next week. We usually get snow in March too, but today I could see some green grass trying to come up. The grass and the birds here must be really confused! lol

Thanks for visiting. Hope you will stop by again!


2 comments:

  1. Your embossed blooms are SO pretty! great design,too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embossed blooms are SO pretty! great design,too!

    ReplyDelete