Thursday, December 3, 2015

Golden Joy

Hello!  Today I am entering the Muse: Christmas Visions 31 challenge where I was inspired by Chriss Blagrave. Her card is so very elegant and I had some foiled cardstock out for making my Christmas cards. Can you see the shine? Now I have five done. Whew! Twenty-some more to go. Wish me luck!

As  I wanted an elegant card, I used gold paper fromThe Cardstock Stack - Foiled by DCWV beneath the glittered tree and little sentiment. The stitched frame is from Lil' Inker Designs. The tree was done a couple of days ago, but I hadn't decided yet how to use it. It is a Memory Box die called Frosted Christmas Tree that I cut out from a Scor-Tape adhesive sheet and glittered up with Dazzling Diamonds from Stampin' Up! The tree die does have wonderful snow dimension but the glitter covered it up. Still pretty, though, I think. The joy die is from the SU Snowflake Card Thinlits set and is retiring soon, I believe. I stamped Merry Christmas from another old SU set in Encore! Gold Metallic ink. It matches the gold cardstock perfectly. This card makes me really joyful! I wonder who I should send it to?

Thank you for visiting me. I hope you are not as behind in making your cards as I am. :)

Edit:  I just realized that in the picture it looks like the glitter is blue and that I used blue cardstock for the base. IRL it is white, really! Just fixed it!


9 comments:

  1. This is the epitome of elegance - love the sparkle and shine! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the super sparkly tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the shimmering white tree agaist gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous
    !!! That glittery tree and the golden background - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the shimmer and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the picture of elegance, Jeanne, and such a great take on the Muse!! And, yes, I am way behind, too!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! Glitter is always so awesome, as is the foil cardstock. Pretty nice Minnesota weather we are having, huh? :) Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Jeanne! I love the contrast of the white tree against the gold foil background...so elegant, and so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete