Thursday, October 29, 2015

Just a couple of Fall cards!

Hello! Here's two I finished recently. The first is my Society of Sampaholics October 2015 CCC card (Betty has received it) and the second is for my BFF in California, Beth, who has a birthday today. Who knew mail from MN to CA can get there in only 3 days!

Lots of pasting for those little leaves, I tell you. But then I remembered a trick from somebody or other...lay down a layer of double sided tape or tape runner, placing the main image die negative on top. Then the pieces go in easily and stick. Works great.

Which one do you like better? The photo of the one with the white background is much better, I do know that! 

Here are some details. The stamped sentiment and die are both from Papertrey Ink, sets called Mighty Oak, and are CASEd mostly from designer Heather Nichols. I used many colors to make all the leaves, though didn't stamp them with the various patterns available. Made use of some scraps that are mainly Stampin' Up! colored card stock. I tried to make the blue background look like the sky, so had to make some ground too. The dark brown tree and some leaves are recycled from some junk mail as I liked the texture. 

That's all for today. Happy Fall to you all. I hope the leaves are pretty wherever you live! 

5 comments:

  1. Love these bright leaves, Jeanne, and I hope I can remember that trick next time I have bits to glue in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the one on the left a smidge better...and the leaves are awesome here in sw Ohio. ps you might want to stop by my blog at this post. http://glitterinmykitchen.blogspot.com/2015/11/authors-need-love-too.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yep, Stamplorations and Dee's Arsty Impressions will be emailing you soon...the prize comes from them but your comment on my blog made you the winner! congrats! I'm going to check those books out too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne, congrats on being a winner at Stamplorations and Dee's Artsy Impressions... well done :-) So... I love both cards, but I prefer the one on the right a little more.. I love the shaped ground under the tree and the lack of border. But... I also love the one on the left because of the border and the sentiment.... heck..I can't make up my mind. I know that Betty and Beth will have enjoyed receiving them. They were so worth the effort it took to put all those leaves in
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful autumn cards! So colorful too. I think I like the one on the left better ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete