Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Card for World Card Making Day and PP #265

Today is World Card Making Day 2015. Happy Day to you crafty card makers! I hope you all had a chance to make a card today.

Being that it is October now, here's my first Halloween card. It will probably go to one of my grandchildren. Well, maybe not. In all honesty, the kids are probably all too old to go trick or treating, but they'll still get a card from me! What age do you think kids should stop dressing up in costumes and going out for candy? Also, do you make cute cards or scary ones? I vote for cute, myself.

Isn't this little guy cute? It is from Recollections. I've had it for years. The smiling goblin was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with white opaque embossing powder from Zing. For emphasis, I placed him on a black circle die-cut probably from Spellbinders. The background is just sponged with some Black Soot  Distress Ink onto piece of white card stock. The little plastic treat bag is from my stash of Halloween doo-dads for some added fun and texture. The whole focal point is on a layer of Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie orange and placed on a card base of purple from Bazill. I am quite happy with my card. It was fun to make and made me smile.

I have made a lot of cards lately, so I hope you will stop back and visit to see some! Thanks for coming by.

Edited to add a link to The Paper Players PP 265 and their logo! Hope you like!


4 comments:

  1. Cutest little Mummy ever Jeanne! Glad you got to make a card on world card making day, and thank you for joining our Halloween challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad our challenge got your creative energy flowing and you made a card you like! It's adorable and I love the mummy embossed in white on black--it really pops! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jeanne! The card turned out adorable -that mummy image is perfect! And I want to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. To answer your question, I am definitely continuing to blog my crafty stuff (and I post it in my SCS gallery), I was only asking about blogging the retreat since it was heavily posted about on FB by me and the other designers who attended. It is good to know at least one of my readers doesn't do FB. Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I really love that cute little mummy!

    ReplyDelete