Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Thinking of You

Hello again!

Today I am posting my second card for Darnell's NBUS Challenge #5.

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)
The NBUS today is the embossing powder just called Blue that I used for my sentimentI've had it for probably years, and never used it. I picked it out since it matched the blue in the striped paper so well. In real life, anyway. Sorry the shine doesn't show up very well in my photo. I am picky about matching shades and hues of blue, in particular, a teaching from my dad and my grandfather who both were painters. My grandfather painted in watercolors, which is probably why I am so scared of doing it. ;-) I do get my love of color from them, I'd imagine.

This pink card is a CASE of Dawn Olchefske's Double Fold Gate card. Did you see her tutorial on Splitcoaststampers last week? My card was really fun to make, but choosing what double sided paper to use was hard. I am not sure the name of the DSP, but I like the main pink, the retired Pretty in Pink, and the green is Old Olive. I couldn't figure out the name of the blue used in the stripes. So many "blues", so little time! LOL  All the paper supplies and the embossing powder used today are from Stampin' Up! The circle dies are from Spellbinders, which I have not used in ages.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Many thanks too, for those who comment. Love them!

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! The paper patterns work so well together and the sentiment is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant shaped card, Jeanne! I lov the patterns together topped off by the sweet embossed sediment and dots!! Thank you for entering this card, too, in my NBUS Challenge #5! It's great to see you making more cards and posting more often! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete