Friday, September 11, 2015

I Love Roses

Hello!  As the picture of Double Delight  roses by my blog title suggest, I love roses. Sure miss growing them like I did when living in California. Anyway, here is my card for Darnell's NBUS Challenge #5 .  


Two NBUS goodies show up here, the wonderful embossing folder from We R Memory Keepers called Bouquet, and the rose and leaves dies from Essentials by Ellen called Bold Blossoms. I think they are both wonderful. What do you think? The lovely card base is called Pale Plum, a retired color from Stampin' Up! as is the touch of color, called Garden Green. My mat is called Ash, a gray paper from Bazzill.

Not being sure if the focal point for this card is the background or the single rose, I completely left off a sentiment. Besides, the card is for a card drive sponsored by Jaydee and is intended for a hospitalized cancer patient. The nurses, as I understand it, write inside and give the donated cards to patients. You can find more information on the drive by following the link to Jaydee's blog.

That's all from here, a beautiful fall day in Minnesota. I hope you are having a wonderful day! Thanks so much for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. Double Delight is one of my favorite roses! Your card is amazing--so beautiful! That embossing folder is in my NBUS stack & now I really want to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a beautiful background for your pretty rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jeanne. That embossing folder is lovely.
    Great dies too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Jeanne! Your pretty rose takes center stage and is all the adornment needed against that textured background! What a wonderful cause Jaydee is running! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5! Thank you. too, for understanding and forgiving me for being so terribly late coming by to comment! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete