Thursday, September 18, 2014

NBUS Challenge #2

Hello!

Well, I'm back. I have been creating lately, it's therapy for me when I get sad. Thanks so much to everyone who contacted me and expressed condolences and understanding.

On to some fun...Darnell at djkardkreations has a second NBUS challenge. Just couldn't let that go on without me!

Here's a couple of cards I have made recently. Please ignore the date on the side. Really, they were made in the last 2 weeks and photographed on 9/15/2014. I just messed up changing the date in my camera when I put in new batteries! You can also see I still need lots of practice taking pictures. The card on the left looks like it is falling off the table. tee hee

Here's the details:

The designer paper is new to me from Doodlebug Design and the little white house I made to go on top is new too. I used a few of the dies from a set by Taylored Expressions called "Build a House". Really a simple card made with a SU! Pumpkin Pie boarder placed on white cardbase. Inside I stamped congratulations and it was done. The card was made for a friend who recently bought a new house. It was so much fun making this card, I made a second one. I had bought the corrugated paper die cuts at a local craft store ages ago and welcomed a chance to use them. All the shapes are by Jillibean Soup and the package was on clearance!  The pale yellow cardstock is is from my stash. So I am following the directions from Ms Darnell  #4 "None of the above" ~ NBUS stuff, but not the same stamps 'cuz I didn't use any stamps except inside. Anyone else using mostly dies lately and not stamping? I find I am addicted to dies and cutting plates too.

Thanks for stopping by. See you next time!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so moved that you came back online to play in my second NBUS Challenge, Jeanne! Thank you!! And I'm very glad to hear that you are engaging in some crafting therapy! These new home cards are really fantastic!! The one on the left must be in California and this photo is after the earthquake! (I better quit saying that, huh?!) It's cool that you used the corrugated cardboard for your die cuts. I must try that. And to answer your question, yes, so much of my creating any more is dies, but who can blame us when they are so cool? I resisted them way longer than most people and now I have an indecent number of them, mostly you-know-what!! Do take care and I hope you post again soon! Let me know when you do! Thanks, again! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jeanne! Just checking in to see if you had been blogging and I missed it. I hope all is well and that your Christmas was wonderful! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects are so graphic and cool!

    ReplyDelete