Friday, August 8, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #6

Hello again! Two posts in one day. A record for me, don't ya know!

I am back to post a card for a challenge. I have entered very few challenges, but had made a shaped card recently and taken a picture, so wanted to share. Check it out here: Virginia's View Challenge #6  I made this card following the Envelope Punch Board Jar Card video by Dawn Olchefske.  If you haven't visited her site, I hope you do. She has lots of great tutorials and videos.

The card is very CASED except as explained below. :-) Almost all the supplies are Stampin' Up! except (I confess) the Envelope Punch Board, the sentiment, and the embossing folder. The board is by We R Memory Keepers and the folder is from Sizzix. The sentiment stamp is a Hampton Art Stamp. I used Pool Party card stock, ink, and the twine and the new Blended Bloom big flower stamp. The leaves are punched in Pear Pizzazz with the Builder Bird punch and the tiny flowers are from the new Itty Bitty Accents punch set. The oval is also SU! The tiny pearls from my stash complete the card. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you can see that I use supplies from many companies, and love them all! I really had fun making this card. My mojo is really back! Yay!

I hope everyone has had a nice summer day; it is beautiful here in the Twin Cities area.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. So creative, Jeanne! I love your use of the shape. The stamping of the jar is superb! Gotta love Envelope punch board ( so far , I only made nothing but envelopes with the punch board!!). So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge! Thanks so much for sharing the link for the punch board! Hope to see your lovely work again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this jar with the soft blues decorating it! I've got to check out the directions for this. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty jar card, Jeanne! I will have to go check out the tutorials. Thank you for the link! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete