Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'm Taking a Class!

Hello!  I am taking the new class called "Stretch Your Stamps2" and have spent the last several days doing lesson 1.  This card took a long time to make (i.e. hours), but saving it on the computer so I could blog about it and show it to my classmates took longer. Here's my card that I call  Background Love. I like it, but still need some lessons in photography.

I used one of the first stamps I ever bought, called Harlequin Background  from Hero Arts and then tried making a rainbow with Distress Inks after heat embossing with white embossing powder. My heart and you dies are from My Favorite Things but I hand cut the quotation mark. Rounded corners mimic the roundness of the die cuts, don't you think? Next time I think I need to make a smaller card to show off the focal points better, or maybe get a bigger die. I feel like I did accomplish something unusual for me, though, as I mostly do lots of layers and rectangles. What do you think? I'll be back soon with a birthday card that I made for a friend's birthday.

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. I do like the second version better, Jeanne. You "corraled" your pieces to read like a sentence in the second card. I really love the patterned die cuts though and need to remember to do that. I have a few alcohol ink backgrounds that would be perfect for this! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne! Your card is fantastic! Love the design, very cool! Xx

    ReplyDelete