Friday, August 8, 2014

Card Re-do and Card #2

Hello again. Well, the more I looked at my first try at Lesson 1, the more I did not like my card. So I tore it apart and tried again. Anyone else ever do that? Teehee! Here's the second try. Really, the only change is that I used a Kiwi Kiss (retired SU!) card base and re-positioned the elements. Whew! It took a while. I do like it better. What do you think?

Card #2 is another technique taught by Jennifer McGuire in Lesson 1. Here I used a reverse background stamp from Michael Strong called Cloisonne Mosaic Frame. It's a NBUS, thanks to Darnell's term, as is the Hello from Mama Elephant. After covering the stamp with VersaMark, stamping it on stash black card stock, and using white embossing powder from Stampin'Up!, I heat embossed the design. With a brush I next applied Pearl Ex Turquoise powder all over the image and heat set that. Per Jennifer's idea, I again used VersaMark, this time with clear embossing powder from Ranger, covered the whole image, and heat set again. To finally make the card, I cut out a rectangle with an classic Spellbinders die and overlaid the window with the hello die cut. The Bashful Blue paper (also retired) die cut is clear embossed twice for more dimension. The white card base is Stamper's Select from PaperTrey Ink. The whole card is quite shiny- can you tell? To me, this card is much better than the last one. With my OCD, this card took hours. But that is OK - I'm a student learning new things! LOL

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I have redone cards, Jeanne! In fact I did that this week. Yours is so much more fun on the green base! The white is classy, but I think I do like the brighter card better! Love the blue too! Good for you taking this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I have many cards that have been "recycled!" I'm reading your posts backwards, so I haven't seen the first one, but I sure love the second version! And the second card is brilliant! I can see that you spent a lot of time on it, but the result is worth it! Thank you for sharing your homework from the class. I didn't take this one because I still haven't finished the watercolor class! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete