Tuesday, June 10, 2014

NBUS Challenge #1: Lovely Lilacs

I am back... and I  hope some of you crafty people will return and check out my work. I have never stopped making cards and photographing them, just not blogging. Really! Enjoy, and thanks for looking!

Happy Spring, everyone! Here's my ode to Spring, using my favorite flower, lilacs.

Darnell's new thing NBUS Challenge #1 and her friendliness and on-going inspiration have gotten me to try blogging again! Also, I have a "new to me" computer that I can actually get some pictures off my camera and crop them sufficiently enough to post. Yay!. So do I get two NBUS's, one for the stamp and one for my computer?

My NBUS is the lovely stamp used for this card. I finished the card at a crop recently after having stamped and embossed it with black Zing embossing powder ages ago. The beautiful stamp is from Northwoods Rubber Stamps, Inc. is called " Lilac Glass Vase". My multicolored lilacs are colored with Kraft Aquarell Watercolour pencils and I did use watercolor paper. An water pen helped the colors blend. Trying to make the vase area sparkle as though it really has water in it, I covered the area with my clear Gelly Roll pen by Sakura. The card base (that is hard to see here, I know) is Stampin' Up!'s Perfect Plum with a Basic Black border for my focal image. No, I haven't tried any other kind of water coloring, but am sure admiring all the cards I see everywhere. I love coloring, so this was a lot of fun.

As I am new at figuring out how to use Blogger again and to load pictures, again, have patience, please, and I will be back with another card soon. Bye!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty image and colored nicely. makes a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I am so honored that my NBUS Challenge motivated you to resume blogging after A YEAR AND A HALF hiatus!! As a long-time follower, I think you know that lilacs are my favorite flowers and so this beautifully colored image just rocked my world!! You have a lot of talent to share with the stamping community, so I hope you post again and often!

    Thank you for linking your pretty card in the Challenge! I look forward to seeing what you make next! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card for the NBUS challenge! I have so much NBUS I just had to enter this challenge too. I am now a follower of your blog and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/2014/06/nbus-friendship-challenge-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new computer, and I hope the currently malfunctioning blogger doesn't frustrate you into taking another hiatus! Your lilacs are just beautifully colored and I love this pretty card! From one doxie lover to another - great job on the NBUS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lilacs and these are beautiful! It's good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well a big ol' HELLO! I came to see your gorgeous card from Darnell's NBUS linky, and I'm about to add you to my blog list :) Hooray for a properly functioning computer, and your gorgeous creation - and for creating even if we didn't always get to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just popping back to thank you for linking your card with the surprise party over at Ardyth's place, Jeanne! I got the card in the mail and it's even more gorgeous IRL!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete