Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Megan is 13

Hi There. Just stopping in with a card I made this last Spring. This one was for my dear granddaughter, Megan who is now a teenager! So proud of how she is growing up so fast, happy, and loving. No more pale pink as her favorite color, but brights and black. She still love glitter, though.

This card uses the Stampin' Up! Sweet Sorbet DSP which was a Sale-a-bration paper, and I mounted it on a Pool Party card base. The letters and birthday die are from PaperTrey Inc. The numeral 13 is an oldie-but-goodie from Autumn Leaves Manhattan clear stamps. Can you see how it is covered with what looks like many colored glitter? Easy - used DecoArt Glistening Snow Writer Effects on the Pool Party die cut and it turned out to match the dsp perfectly. What fun and a surprise! The clear looking gloss didn't show its colors until dry. I checked their website, but couldn't find if they still sell this same stuff. Mine is very old (4-5 years) and hardly used. I popped up the 13 to help it stand out even further. Makes a pretty card, don't you think?  Megan loved it.Whew!

Thanks for the comments on my NBUS card. So pleased and happy to have visitors and new followers! See you again, soon.

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I bet she loved this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfect for a teenage girl! My but don't they grow up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no a teenager! Next year we will have a teenage grandson…. when did they grow up so fast. Love your card and its perfect for a teenage girl. Bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised she loved this Jeanne! It really rocks as the kids say, very hip as we used to say! I love the colors and that ikat background! Hope you had a great 4th! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the visit to my blog! What a lovely card you've made for your granddaughter! I'm sure she'll love it! They grow up fast don't they!

    ReplyDelete