Monday, January 31, 2011

Anxious for Spring

These colorful and simple cards were made to send as a surprise to some members at Splitcoaststampers as a birthday Random Acts of Kindness. I used a free digital design from Squigglefly.com as the hummingbird focal image and colored it with watercolor pencils from Staedtler called Karat Aquarell. Colors used are #6 (purple), #56 (yellow green), #5 (medium green) and #2 (red orange) that are blended with a aqua pen from Stampin' Up! The faint blue sky is sponged with Ranger's Distress Ink, Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen. The white cardstock and pretty ribbon are from my stash and the limey green and dark lilac paper is most likely SU! The ink is Versafine Onyx Black and the frame is Bazzill Basics Raven. This was fun to make and feeds my longing for spring and summer and COLOR.

Using colors in the purple family again, this butterfly card is also a simple design, but I used some Shimmer Spritz from Tsukinko to jazz it up. The sentiment and paper is from SU!; the set is called Flight of the Butterfly. The main image is from Hero Arts. I stamped the butterfly in Onyx Black again, spritzed for shimmer and cut it out. To pop-up the butterfly I used a SU! dimension
and scored the white cardstock with the Scor-Buddy from Scor-Pal.

I like to let my card recipients re-use the cards, so I just put a note inside saying "Happy Birthday" and that they may send the card on its way. Thanks for looking at my blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment