Monday, October 22, 2012

Being Grateful and HYCCT1220

Am feeling grateful today for the beautiful Fall weather we have had lately. My dog Jetta and I have enjoyed being outside and walking in the leaves.  The trees were so beautiful just last week, but, alas, most are getting quite bare.

My card was made for the Gratitude Campaign by Susan over at Simplicity. She is so right, too many people just skip over Thanksgiving right  to Christmas. I also will submit this card for  the Splitcoaststampers HYCCT1220: Hope is in the Air card drive. The swing is in the air, and so are leaves. These few will be in the air soon, lol. I am so bummed to not get a better picture for you. It really is a pretty card, if I say so myself...

The dark chocolate card base, golden layer, ribbon, and the sentiment are all from Gina K. Design, and the images are from her "The Giving Tree" set illustrated by Theresa Momber. I used Early Expresso and Crumb Cake inks from Stampin' Up as well as some retired Dusty Durango orange paper. The grey squirrel is inked in Memento's London Fog.  He is also stamped inside leaving room for a handwritten note. Tools used are my Big Shot, a Spellbinders oval die, Tombo adhesive and SU dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. What a great card to show gratitude! LOVE the tree image--and the sentiment on orange really pops!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mynnette, adorable gratitude card, Jeanne! Thanks for popping in and commenting at my place to remind me to come visit and see that you're doing well! Continued blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One nice thing about bare trees is that they let more sun shine through! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jeanne! Merry Christmas to you, as well, and blessings to you and Jetta in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I see. It takes a picture of my handsome hubs to get you to pipe up, does it?!

    Happy New Year, Jeanne! It's good to hear from you. I hope you get crafty and bloggy this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jeanne, for your sweet anniversary wishes! It's been amazing. I'm still making my way though all the lovely comments! Hope things are well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeanne - thanks for your comment - that focal point was made with a treble clef and two separate notes, stamped to create a 'snowflake' kind of thing. I think you could do it with any suitable stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pain reaches the heart with electrical speed, but truth moves to the heart as slowly as a glacier.Calibrators :)

    ReplyDelete