Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Thinking Owl OLW76

Good afternoon! Lately I have been trying to do some more simple cards. Susan at Simplicity really inspires me. I think placing the sentiment is the hardest part. What do you all think? It's my first time trying to join this type of challenge. This week One Layer Wednesday  (OLW76) asks for white and gray with a pop of color, so I made this card today. The paper is Whisper White and the ink is Basic Gray from Stampin' Up! The little owl - is he sleeping or thinking? lol  He is from Inkadinkado, and I just love him. No bling on this card, just used my marker from ZIG Writer in Pure Green to highlight where the owl sits. The valentine-y stamp (see the tiny hearts) is a 1996 stamp from Darcie's. I didn't want the branch to be red, so I just stamped happy valentine's day inside in red, a surprise for whomever gets this card. Fun to do. Thanks for coming by today. Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. How perfect is this cute little owl for stamping in grey!! Love the touch of color in the branch!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable owl, Jeanne! I love the green branch.

    ReplyDelete