Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wreath in Window and Three Baby Birds

Hello All. Sorry to have been away so long. It's been a busy several weeks! Family birthdays, Thanksgiving, my first craft show, and starting my holiday cards, finally. Bet it is busy at your house too. Here are two of the things I have been working on. Did you notice Reba's new friend Maukie on the blog?

First, I must shout out to Kittie at Kittie Kraft for her beautiful cards using this window die. She and Julie at Paper Pleasing Ideas gave me the idea for making the trees outside the window. I fell in love with this window from Poppystamps the minute I saw it. Isn't it adorable? This is the small Madison window die. I cut it from Stampin' Up's Early Espresso card stock and mounted it on some Real Red. The cloudy sky and ground are sponged using Ranger Distress inks, Iced Spruce, Forest Moss and SU's Night of Navy and craft Whisper White inks. The naked tress are stamped in Early Espresso, and the tree stamps are from The Stamp Pad Co., and a company in Canada called Magenta. I stamped off the brown ink onto scratch paper a few times to give a dimensional look. A bit of faux snow from Aleene's is on the ground. It doesn't show up much in the picture, though. A few snowflakes are coming down made with an American Crafts gel pen. Finally, I die cut the wreath using my Big Shot and the small nesting flower from QuicKutz. Lastly, I placed on a red cord bow and tiny circles for berries. Crystal Effects  (SU) makes the berries shiny. The Merry Christmas greeting stamp is a no-name one, that I really like. The simple inside is just two layers and says "Warm Winter Wishes", another no-name stamp! Whew! This card took a while to make, but I am happy with it.


Can't do just winter or holiday themed cards! Hee, hee. This is a birthday card. I guess these birds are robins, but the stamp is just called Birds on a Branch, by Inkadinkado. This card has just happy birthday inside and was sent it to a new friend at SCSs as a BRAK card. For those not familiar with BRAK, it is the birthday random act of kindness group at Splitcoaststampers.com. It is really fun to surprise someone you do not know, which is a good thing this time of year, right? OK, then, the birdies are stamped on SU! Whisper White  and colored with markers and an aqua pen. Colors are all SU, Dusty Durango, Basic Black, and Chocolate Chip. For the layers, I used an old retired color card stock called Pale Plum (please come back) and Night of Navy. I sponged the sky and below the branch so it doesn't look quite so stuck in the middle of the air. Guess I am like a little kid, I love to color and just about all colors! Thanks for joining Reba and me today. She is right here sitting on my guillotine cutter saying "It is dinner time." Come back and visit again. Oh, and I love the comments left for us; thanks everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanne,

    I just love your window card! I had to laugh when I saw your post because I just finished a card yesterday using the bigger Madison window die. You have created a wonderful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job with the window card! The outside scene is so pretty ... and the wreath looks perfect hanging in the window. Well worth the time and effort!

    ReplyDelete