Friday, November 18, 2011

With Sympathy - for Katie


I have felt for over a week that it would be a good thing to send a card to the Renz family acknowledging what Katie's blog meant to me and mourning her passing. She was a cyber space friend. I just couldn't get myself to make a card. After a good cry yesterday, (about several things; am okay, everyone!) I began this card. Finished it just this morning. Simple, but pretty, I think. Now I need to decide what to write inside underneath the With Sympathy sentiment. Is it hard for everyone else to know just what to say?

This flower stamp is from Inkadinkado; have not used it before. After stamping it with Memento London Fog ink for a softer image, I got out my water color pencils and set to work. The pencils are from Staedtler, Nos. 6, 25 & 38. Before going over the image with my aqua pen, I added some shading. The focal point rose is done on SU's Very Vanilla paper and placed on top a Concord Crush mat and card base. I used dimensionals to make the tone-on-tone frame stand out. I scored a line edge to complete the main image. Inside, the sentiment (no stamp company name on it) is inked with the London Fog and VersaMark. I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder from Ranger. The inside paper also has a scored edge.

Although making this card triggered some painful memories for me, I am glad to have done it. Katie Renz, Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I have found these times extremely hard too. Katie was such a gift. A special person for all of us. For her to be so honest and to share when she had to be so scared of the unknown at times. I usually speak from the heart in cards. The receivers I think know what we are trying to say. A really beautiful card. I think it's nice they don't all get sent at once. It sounded like Kevin was saying they are still arriving.

    ReplyDelete