Wednesday, November 16, 2011

CFC28 So Grateful Tag

Front
Hello Fellow Crafters!  Happy Fall and a Very Happy Thanksgiving too.

I was just about finished with this card when I remembered Jaydee had mentioned the Cas-ual Friday blog and this challenge. I had been looking for something to make this gate-fold card stay closed so made the hand-cut tag. It works! The card also fits being grateful - see the badge on the blog edge. (FYI The card is much prettier in person than in my pictures. Need to work on my photographing.)


Inside

It was a fun card to make. I cased a technique shown at card club with Kelly Emerson awhile back. First I punched out a leaf with the EK Success large maple leaf punch, then dabbed dots of ink onto a cotton ball with reinkers from Stampin' Up! and inked up the leaf.  Aren't the colors pretty all smashed together? Inks used are Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Yo Yo Yellow, Crumb Cake & Soft Suede. The pretty leaf is popped-up on the left panel with a dimensional and off-set to open the card, while the tag is on the right panel. The sponged tag sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs Autumn Splendor set. Inside, using the leaf negative, I stamped several times turning the cutout. The small leaf is from a 1997 SU set, not sure the name. The panels and matting are Dusty Durango & Chocolate Chip on a bi-folded Very Vanilla card. The inside Happy Thanksgiving sentiment on a Modern Label punch and sponged, is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Thanks for stopping by checking out my blog.   Oops - too late for the challenge.   :{



3 comments:

  1. Jeanne, what a clever idea. The outside of your card is beautiful. You are right, it was a wonderful idea to use the tag to keep it closed. I avoid gatefolds for that exact problem! Thank you for inspiring me.
    Big hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely, Jeanne. Your leaves are gorgeous and love how you did them too! Really pretty Fall cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, your maple leaf cards are beautiful. I love the technique you used to create the different colors on the leaves and will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete