Monday, September 12, 2011

The Paper Players Challenge #63

Today I tried another challenge! I chose the paper first as I knew I did not have all the required ink and paper colors. These colors are all the ones Nace wished for, Rich Razzelberry, Old Olive, Basic Gray and Whisper White. My Big Shot is fairly new, so I played with it several times for this card. The SIZZIX BIGZ die is called Flowers, Daisies # 2 and it is placed on a Textured Impression embossing folder called Square Lattice. Isn't texture fun on cards? For even more texture, all the elements on this card are popped up with assorted dots and dimensionals. I used the Scallop Edge border and the Decorative Label punches. The pearl is from the retired Pretties Kit. This Happy Birthday stamp is most likely retired, as it is labeled 1997.  To make the foliage, I found in my stash another 1997 oldie but goodie SU stamp that I inked up with VrsaMark on an Old Olive scrap. Each leaf is shined up with Crystal Effects before I hand cut them all out. Inside I glued a BIGZ Top Note in white with a small gray and white daisy. All the supplies used are from Stampin' Up! No ribbon this time, unusual for me. Hope you like this card, I do. But why, oh why does it take me so long to make a card?

8 comments:

  1. I ask that myself every time I sit down to create...lol! I would say my average is probably 4-6 hrs. But it's always worth it in the end. Yours sure is. I love all the texture on your card. The daisy is the perfect compliment to the Square Lattice embossing. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card no matter how long it took to create, it was worth the effort. Love your lovely flower and the nice little pearl center is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it takes me days to finally create something I am happy with! No matter how long it took, the end result is wonderful and I'm so glad you liked my colors this week! Love your textured bg and the big daisy is grand! So glad you played along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of us take a bit of time to make our cards. Gotta get as much love packed into them as we can, right? :) I love your big daisy; the layers of color look wonderful together. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Jeanne! I love the texture! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Jeanne! Your daisy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love your card. I like the embossed BG, and that flower is wonderful and so are the leaves! A very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete