Thursday, August 25, 2011

Love Pink

Hello Everyone!   I made this card to show on the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch 217 layout, but, alas, I was too late and the linky closed! Thought I would show it here anyway!

I am really happy with the colors and the layout suggested. But gosh, what a lot of work! The supplies are all from Stampin' Up! The pink paper is from the In Color Designer Series pattern paper pack and the green paper is one of my favorites, Wild Wasabi. The focal point squares are layered on Very Vanilla. I cut out ALL the squares my little 'ole self on my trusty desktop guillotine cutter. All my fingers survived, barely,  lol. The SU! sentiment is from the Short & Sweet set placed on a punched-out oval. My kingdom for a square punch! This small bow is made with the Very Vanilla seam binding to ground the card a bit. Learned something new last night at card club - the SU! marker I colored the Basic Pearl with, won't ever really dry due to the make-up of the ink. Who knew. Oh, well. I think it is pretty, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. I love pink too, especially when it's paired with great colors like you have in this wonderfully creative project. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I hate it when I complete a card and have missed the challenge! I do that regularly! Your card was a great deal of work, but worth it. I love the pearl in the middle of the flower. Genius!
    I do hope you are really enjoying this wonderful... err... cold! fall weather
    big hugs, my friend
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete