Saturday, July 9, 2011

We're Back! ...and a couple of cards.


Hello!! Reba and I are all moved and 97% unpacked. She sure does like boxes! LOL Me, not so much. I am really pleased, though, with my new crafting area. I bought a big corner desk with storage. Not quite enough stoarage space, of course. It is just about all arranged now and my mojo is coming back. Hope you will like what gets posted.



Just had to play with my new Stampin' Up! set, The Open Sea. It reminds me of an old dream of mine to go on a really long trip aboard a sailboat. Back in the 70's I did go out with friends on a 32' wooden sailboat for two weeks traveling due south and west of San Diego. What fun. All the supplies here are from SU! even the Basic Pearl which I colored Real Red with the marker to match the flag/ribbon. Other colors used are Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White.

I call this next card Harlequin Blue. I was trying to use some of my older stamps that have not seen ink in ages. Many of the stamps I have been lucky enough to get at yard sales, including this diamond patterned stamp called Large Harlequin, a 2005 Hero Arts stamp. The branch is from Hot Potatoes and the bird has no names on it at all. If someone knows who made it, please let me know. The cardstock is SU!'s Soft Suede, and some scraps of stash white paper. Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, and Soft Suede inks are all SU! The bird was stamped and then cut out and placed using dimensionals. I used Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon to separate the main image and the stamped background area.

Thanks for coming by to see us today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeanne,

    Glad to see you are all moved and Reba is enjoying the new space. I love your Open Sea card and just purchased that set. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete