Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Paper Players Challenge #41 - Recycling


Posting again, sorry it's been so long! Am getting ready to move, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it! lol


My 1st challenge! Looking through my stash of goodies and wishing to play with some of my new toys, I came up with this card. It went together pretty quickly. Got to use my brand new Big Shot, the Square Lattice Textured Impressions folder, and the hostess set Because I Care. What fun! The Basic Pearls are colored with my Rich Razzelberry marker which I also used to ink up the stamp. Everything used to make the card is from Stampin' Up! except the white cardstock and the image. The paper colors are Rich Razzelberry and Kraft. For my recycling I cut out the focal point flowers from an old and cracked plastic bookmark formerly used in my FranklinCovey planner. Yes, I am "old fashioned" and use the planner instead of a Blackberry. Thanks for stopping by my blog~Reba Li says Hi!

8 comments:

  1. The focal flowers are beautiful! What a great way to re-purpose the bookmark! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Jeanne! What a great way to repurpose that planner! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, I am with you.... I don't have a blackberry and use an old fashioned Franklin Covey planner, too! :-)
    It was a very creative way to re-purpose the bookmark. I love the fact that you balanced your card, too, using the sentiment and the brads on the opposite corners. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week and shared this fabulous creation!
    Happy moving!
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation Jeanne...I am so happy you joined us for your first challenge!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using a plastic bookmark! How cool is that? I really like how you've angled the focal point of your card. It has a nice balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanne! Such a fun idea to re-use a bookmark for your card. THe flowers are so pretty! I'm with you on still using a Franklin planner. Old fashioned or not, I would be lost without it. I found it took me longer to type things into my iPhone then to just pick up a pen, haha! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players for your first challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first challenge...your card is lovely!!!! What a great idea to use the bookmark and the arrangement of the elements looks fantastic!!! BTW, I still use a planner, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation Jeanne! Recycling is a fun and creative way to bring the old with the new...it turned out simply lovely through your creative imagination. Great job.

    I'm with many of your other commentors - I have a paper planner as well as many other on-line and electronic planners. I figure that the more places I have chores written down, the less likely it will be that I'll forget. LOL

    ReplyDelete