Friday, March 11, 2011

Special Birthday Card in Blue


I made this card for my best friend Beth to give to her mother on her 80th birthday. The card traveled from MN to CA and then to FL! Because her mom's favorite color is blue, I made the focal point using this beautiful stamp Crysanthemum from Me & Carrie Lou. The flowers were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and colored with several shades of blue markers all blended. I used SU! Bliss Blue and Ballet Blue along with Marvy Blue Grey, Salvia Blue and Fabrico, Sky Mist. The leaves are blended Zig Writer Pure Green, with SU! Wild Wasabi and Green Galore. The white and black paper are from my stash and the blue and brown are SU! Bliss Blue and Chocolate Chip. The brown border shows off the flowers, while the sentiment mimics the flower's curly shapes. The 2002 SU! stamp, For You is cut using my Cuttlebug with Spellbinder's classic scalloped ovals. Happy Birthday was stamped inside on another set of ovals. The ribbon and bow placed on the left side is part of a bunch I received from another friend's mom; sorry I don't know the name. I understand Beth's mom liked the card!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jeanne! I'm sure Beth's mother will just love it - it is blue her favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, this is gorgeous. I can understand why Beth's mother loved it. I love the little dash of ribbon on the top corner and the colors are gorgeous!
    hope you are having a wonderful day
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card.. I love blue too, so it def caught my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very lovely! The color and the way you used the ribbon up the side and your tag is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very pretty! Gorgeous coloring, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete