Monday, January 17, 2011

Love These Roses!

Good Morning. This card uses my new Stampin' Up! textured impression plate called Manhattan Flower. I made this as a thank you card for one of my daughters who granted my wish for a rose stamp and gifted me this embossing folder too. The technique is a CASE from Patty Bennett at Patty's Stamping Spot that she called Watercolor Roses. The White Craft ink and embossed image was spritzed with water and the color was applied with an Aquapainter. Not having but one reinker (yellow), I grabbed the colors directly from the dye ink pads. Colors blended are all from Stampin' Up!, Yoyo Yellow (retired), Pink Pirouette, Rose Red. The roses and embossed green leaves also from SU were attached. The layering paper is Rose Red and a SU Thank You stamped and embossed inside. Hope you like this card, my first attempt at blending inks with water. Thanks for looking today.

Supplies:

All Stampin' Up! except glossy paper from
ANW and ZIG green marker

2 comments:

  1. VERY Pretty Mom! This is one of my favorites you've made..congrats on the new blog! :D

    ReplyDelete